How to Root Samsung Galaxy S7
Doing root on Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge Enables the Maximum authority on your Android devices. It’s giving to the user the ability to install the latest applications Which Need administrator-level permissions or to Alter system files Openly. Almost three years ago Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge and all their versions have been updated into Android 8.0 Oreo. Root Samsung Galaxy S7 is good if you are looking for the latest version of Android into your phone.
This first started when the Exynos variants of S7 G930F/FD (International) and S7 Edge G935F/FD obtained the Oreo OTA update. Afterward, the US carriers gathered a similar update for AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint, etc. Exynos is manufactured by Samsung and Snapdragon is developed by Qualcomm. When there are a couple of differences that the huge one we will need to talk about, is that the Exynos variant was readily suspended while the Snapdragon one was not.
Points to Remember before Rooting with Odin
1. In case your Android phone remains below a long-period warranty, think carefully before you act
2. The main and major thing which we strongly advise you to back up your Android data before getting started, contacts and photos, pdf files for example, prior to running the rooting. That is because I can’t guarantee it is 100% secure to root your Android due to unexpected errors and mishaps during the process it can brick. Situations recorded can lead to collapse and even a threat to an Android phone. By way of example, the disconnection between Android device and the pc through rooting, Android phone becoming powered off due to low battery life, and that really interrupt smooth operations. If you abide by the rooting measures strictly, your Android phone will not be bricked.
3. For Samsung S7, please enter your Samsung phone’s Developer Options and empower “OEM unlock” prior to rooting. Otherwise, you may neglect to root your phone since phone’s FRP lock won’t let Odin flash
Be careful: Honestly speaking, an inevitable but slight risk of damaging your phone exists.
The requirement for Samsung S7 Root via Odin3
- Windows-based computer (Virus Free)
- USB Cable compatible with Samsung phone
- USB Driver which will link your phone with computer correctly
- Phone battery should have more than 65% juice – It’s better if you have charged it 100%
- Enable USB debugging and set up ADB and fastboot environment on PC
- Download and use the latest version of Odin
Here we Go step by step procedure to root your Android Phone/Device
- Download Samsung USB DRIVERS. Go to phone setting and proceed into Samsung Developers option to Obtain the Android USB driver for you GS7/GS7 Edge. Establish it after downloading and then follow the directions to find the driver installed on your computer accordingly
- Secondly, download and Install Android Debugging bridge ADB. May you can see the info on This Page regarding ADB. Right Click on the .exe file and choose Run As Administrator. If it starts, type y (yes) in every dialog. After that, restart your PC to complete the process error free
- Download Odin and Rooted Boot Picture. Click on the below link for a copy of CF Auto Root which has Odin executable file and rooted boot picture (finished with.tar.md5). Run the EXE file as administrator and then install it on your desktop computer so you can quickly find it.
CF Auto Root for Galaxy S7
Download CF Auto Root for Galaxy S7 Edge
4. Let us go back into the Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge and alter some settings to get a root. First Navigate to Settings > About Phone and locate Build Number. Tap it a few times until it informs you’re a developer now. Secondly, tap back again and choose Developer Options, where you are able to turn OEM unlock and USB debugging.
5. Boot Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge into Download Mode by pressing the Power button along with Volume down button with Home button simultaneously. Utilize the Volume Up button to confirm your choice. After that, connect your GS7/GS7 Edge with PC.
6. Root Your Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge with the last step is to click AP option on Odin primary menu to manually import the .tar file which we simply downloaded. Wait for a couple of seconds until you find a message stating Leave CS on the Log tab. After that, click the Start button to execute the process of root your Samsung device.
With above process is done may your phone will restart for some time so be patient you are also there. After the process is done successfully go through up next point.
7. You can check either your phone is rooted or not you can check your success with root checker application with this link.
8. If you loose your important data during the root you can recover that with the android data recovery tool
9. If you want to unroot the device again you can use kingoroot super user.